June 24, 2008

Sitting on Shashi!


I have sat on the Shashi's lap! It was a shocking realization I found out today, I was looking through my storeroom in my apartment and found a very beautiful axe - no not a real one but it was a Punjabi made fabric one, I took it down and asked my mother about this. She smiled and told me "This is what Shashi Kapoor gave me when I went to dinner with him!"
I was shocked to say the least, it turns out that my next door neighbour had worked for Merchant Ivory as a production helper and when they had finished In Custody, Shashi came next door and treated the whole team to a great dinner at Chor Bazaar in London, my mum was invited and when she was there, he happened to have this axe and gifted it to her.
After this encounter, Shashi came another day to my neighbour Rita's house to have a dinner, I cannot remember this at all but I was three years old and was outside Rita's garden and according to my mum we got on famously and I sat on his lap the whole evening, she has a picture but alas it is in London! Ohhhh a memory I wish I could remember

6 comments:

ajnabi said...

Oh my gosh! Do you know how many women (and probably a few guys) would've loved to have taken your place??? That is freaking awesome. No joke.

Rum said...

Thank you ajnabi, i wish i could remember and brought my picture from england but alas! watch out for tomorrow's animal exploitation movie MAA!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sad not to remember such a day!!!!

Wow.

Anonymous said...

O My God - you actually SAW HIM!!! I am green, red pink and rainbow colored with envy...

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

That is truly awesome!

the PPCC is a big fat idiot said...

Just found this.

I think the PPCC has just died from jealousy.

!!!