December 12, 2008

The Proximity Awards!

Yeh Bolly-bloggers ke dosti!

I found Memsaab's post this morning and found it utterly charming and happy-inducing especially its snowing a bit here in Vancouver. I completely love the idea of these awards, over these past few months since I started this blog, we've all become Bolly-friends! Though eight great blogs were hard to think of, lol I don't wanna offend anyone by leaving them out but we're all good mates now!

“This award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY – nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

Memsaab, I adore all the Shammi posts which made me run out of class to go to the video shop which is jsut one street down from my college! And through Memsaab's great reviews, I realized I watch waaaaaaaaaayyy too many movies, especially during the ages of 7-11 up to now! Memsaab's trivia posts always make me do a hmm invisible beard scratching moment, and thanks memsaab for putting up with my inane comments on your blog!

Post Punk Cinema Club, one of the first blogs I happened upon, I love the new Anil-pyar which I obviously had a lot to do with! PPCC's reviews always give me new points that I never think of, in movies like the whole Husband-is-God in RNBJ today. Ppcc has shaped my filmi journalism career now by making me view movies with a critical eye!

Beth, the resident celebrity of the Masala Pradesh, I love the earlier Akshaye-pyar reviews which made me swoon and wonder about his receding hairline and hair-plugs! The lunchtime polls are always such fun, and Beth's adventures with King Khan make me wanna search Vancouver for one myself!

Bollyviewer, one of the funniest blogs around, the screen caps are hilarious and always make me snort aloud with laughter during my journalism classes! Now that I'm 18, I'm sure i can vote in a ton of filmi polls now and we must meet up we're in the same rainy and snowy country!!

Filmi Girl, the best podcaster and Helen-lover around! Her update of filmi news is great and I have to credit you Filmi Girl for introducing me to OP Ralhan and your screencaps are gigantically brilliant!

Ajnabi
, I love this blog as ajnabi's reviews have such fun and spunk to them, which makes me laugh aloud and nod along all the time, and a never-ending pyar for Shahid!

Todd at Die,Danger,Die,Die,Kill and Teleport City, the funniest blog which reignited my love for Feroz Khan and Dara Singh, who I had suppressed many memories of watching Dara doing crotch-locks. His various reviews from all over the world made me appreciate the great battles of Dara versus a dinosaur/ape/lizard/frog?!!

Shweta, great insightful reviews that make me laugh and often influence whether I'll trapse many buses to seeing the big movies!

Hope you all like the awards given, anyone not mentioned you may receive a Masala Pradesh badge of "Good Citizen-ness" and although I haven't met all of you, I'm sure due to the great planning of Shweta and Beth we'll all meet at the meetup in NY!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never cease to crack me up, Rum! Lovely post :-)

NYC 2009!

ajnabi said...

Awwww, thanks, Rum! I feel quite privileged to be included!

a ppcc representative said...

Aww, Rum, thanks! And ooh, the Anil pyaar is going strong still - I have you and Filmi Girl to blame for all of this!

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Woot! Aw Rum, you are truly the looniest, most rollicking fun blogger ever.

Todd said...

YAAAYYYY!! I am rapidly becoming the most proximate blogger in the universe! Soon all shall bow down before my awesome proximity!

Filmi Girl said...

YAY!! Thank you Rum for sharing your Anil Kapoor pyaar with me. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for vote Rum! I love your blog too - its such a loony laugh riot! And we shall totally meet up, as soon as I can figure out how to cross the Rockies! ;-D

Rum said...

memsaab - thanks, can't wait for Nyc, one of the coolest cities I've wanted to visit

ajabi - you definitely needed to be here,

ppcc - the anil-pyar is ever-present over here with the Anil Kapoor Fanclub!

beth - thanks, I surprise myself with my loonieness too!

todd - you must be the meryl streep of the proximate awards!

filmi girl - thanks for the wonderful anil list, I must get round to doing an ABC list about him

bollyviewer - Rockies, pah I'm sure you'll make it!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... good post! I too like PPCC, as I am also a big fan of Anil. Ajnabi also gave these awards, and one of her favorites were you!

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Thank you so much of thinking of me Rum! you are v v kind in your praise :)